The Québec Government Office in Boston is looking for two interns for the spring season.
American intern :
Under the supervision of the Public Affairs Attaché, the intern will be asked to help and support the organization of activities related to the priorities established by the Québec Government Office in Boston.
SPECIFIC RESPONSABILITIES :
1. Carry out of communication activities including the writing and editing of content for the web and various other communication tools such as social media.
2. Contribute to the preparation of the daily press report.
3. Support the organization of public relations and economic promotion meetings, events and missions to be held virtually.
4. Support the preparation of high level meetings by contributing to written briefings about the governors’ priorities and current debates in the New England states.
5. Participate in symposiums, conferences and other virtual events pertaining to priority sectors for the Delegation, while producing written summaries of participation in these activities.
6. Fulfill all other mandates ad hoc potentially assigned to the intern, for example support for the planning and executing of virtual ministerial missions.
7. Monitor and research policy developments that correspond to Québec’s priorities in the region.
1. Strong capacity to handle sensitive information with discretion.
2. Strong understanding of the American political system, especially state level politics.
3. Strong capacity to research, analyse and synthesize political information.
4. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to work on a team.
6. Ability to work under pressure.
7. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
8. Interest in international relations, particularly Québec-United States / Canada-United States.
9. Interest in Québec’s priorities in the New England region, namely climate change, energy and transport.
10. Interest in digital marketing.
French and English proficiency is a major plus.
Start date of the internship: February 2021
Internship is a minimum of 12 weeks with an end date to be determined with the Québec Delegate in Boston.
Paid part-time, working from home position.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 1, 2021!