Job title offered
Description of the organization
The Quebec Government office in Atlanta fulfills a mandate to promote trade, innovation, education, culture, and foreign investment. It offers businesses, creators, researchers, and Quebec organizations and establishments personalized services, advice, and activities based on development objectives in the Southern United States market (AL, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, TN).
For the trade and investment departments, the Quebec Government office in Atlanta works closely with Investissement Quebec International to bring more foreign direct investment (FDI) to every region of Quebec and offers specialized assistance to Quebec businesses looking to diversify their markets and increase their exports.
Supervision and General Environment
Under the administrative authority of the Quebec Delegate in Atlanta and the direct supervision of the Director of Foreign Direct Investment, the incumbent is an Investment Attaché responsible for the promotion of Quebec as an FDI destination to American companies, and the facilitation of greenfield and expansion projects in Quebec. The incumbent will have to work closely with the Director of Foreign Direct Investment in Atlanta, colleagues in Investissement Quebec International’s headquarters, attachés in the Quebec Government office in Atlanta and other key stakeholders.
Primary Role Description
In close collaboration with all stakeholders mentioned above, the Investment Attaché contributes to efforts aimed at targeting, attracting and convincing American companies to carry out investment projects in Quebec. The incumbent must also participate in the execution of the strategy to support American subsidiaries present in Quebec to maintain or expand their current lines of business and/or obtaining new mandates from their global headquarters.
Action plan and business strategy development :
- Participate in the development of the business strategy and the action plan.
- Ensure a watch to identify qualified prospecting targets to achieve the annual objectives.
- Gather and analyze investment signals.
Business development and prospecting activities :
- Contact new leads, prepare meetings, plan prospecting trips or B2B events attendance.
- Identify clients’ key objectives and challenges, prepare and present personalized business proposals.
- Set meetings with the leadership of local head offices of existing foreign subsidiaries in Quebec to promote the province as a reinvestment location.
- Develop a network of multi-sectoral contacts to generate qualified leads.
- Collaborate to the design and preparation of bespoke programs of visit for investors’ factfinding missions to Quebec.
Quebec Government officials’ visits and role in cultivating the IQI brand
- Participate in all aspects of Quebec Government officials’ visits within the territory.
- Promote Quebec and Investissement Quebec International by using relevant social media platforms.
CRM and other related tasks :
- Update and enrich the salesforce database.
- Prepare and present administrative and expense reports as required and in accordance with the organization’s procedures.
- Carry out any other activities and projects prioritized by senior management.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree from a recognized university in a field related to the position, including but not limited to commerce.
- At least 3 years of direct experience in international business development, international sales, or foreign direct investment attraction.
- General knowledge of Quebec’s economic strengths and in-depth knowledge of the US markets.
- Proven aptitude and experience with digital platforms, including social medias and CRM.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Availability and ability to conduct in-person meetings and attend in-person events in compliance with health requirements in force.
- Availability and ability to occasionally work outside of normal working hours and/or travel within the United States and Canada at short notice.
- Knowledge of the FDI decision process.
- Team player with sound judgement and excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrating a sense of initiative and be oriented towards achievement.
Professional proficiency in English as well as French, both written and spoken.
Conditions of employment
- Permanent position, full time
- 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday unless otherwise required
- Starting salary : $ 84 332
- Open to US citizens and green card holders ONLY
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
The person sought must meet the legal requirements allowing him or her to work in the United States of America.
Submit your application
Interested candidates should send their resume and a required cover letter outlining their experience and interest in the position by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submissions must be done electronically. Please indicate the job title on all correspondence. No phone calls or follow-up emails please. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security verification.