Job title offered
Trade Attaché, Construction and Infrastructure
Description of the organization
The Government of Québec operates thirty-two representations worldwide, with nine offices in the United States including: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Silicon Valley and Washington DC.
The mandate of the Québec Government Office in Atlanta is to develop and promote economic, governmental, and institutional ties with the seven states in the region that are, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Alabama as well as the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.
Summary of Duties
Under the supervision of the Delegate, the Commercial Attaché is responsible for the promotion of Québec’s economic interests in the seven states previously mentioned; specifically, in the priority sectors of construction and infrastructure.
The Attaché will :
- develop strategies and action plans geared toward the construction and infrastructure sectors and advise the Delegate on an overall course of action;
- forge strong relationships in these priority sectors with U.S. business leaders, trade and industrial associations as well as relevant financial institutions, government officials, think tanks, and business media representatives;
- devise and provide practical support (identify and introduce buyers/ decision makers, prepare market studies, promote Québec’s expertise etc.) to Québec companies in order to develop, increase and or solidify their market share in the Southeast;
- attend and represent the Québec Government Office in Atlanta at construction trade shows and conferences (including occasional speaking engagements) leading to strategic alliances with Southeast partners;
- organize promotional and business networking events to raise Québec’s profile in the construction and infrastructure sector;
- contribute to the monitoring and analysis of legislative and political developments in the construction and infrastructure sectors that could have an impact on trade policies between Québec, Canada and the United States;
- prepare reports and briefings;
- monitor opportunities in related economic sectors;
- contribute to positioning Québec as a partner of excellence and a destination for foreign investments.
- University degree (B.A. required)
- Fluency in English and proficiency in French
- Three years minimum relevant sales experience in construction, building, or infrastructure-related projects
- Solid understanding of the Southeastern construction and infrastructure sectors, including business operations and supply chain processes as well as of US public procurement processes;
- Knowledge of the US / Canada economic relationships and trade policies;
- Knowledge of Québec industrial base, or ability and experience to understand and work with industry;
- Knowledge of Québec’s relations with the Southeast in the construction industry is an asset;
- Strong proven business development and sales skills;
- Strong research, analytical and editing skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing assignments and handling several projects at once;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, work under pressure and with strict deadlines.
Conditions of employment
- Permanent position, full time
- 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday unless otherwise required
- Starting salary : $ 84 332
- Open to US citizens and green card holders ONLY
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
The succesful candidate will be required to undergo security verification.
The person sought must meet the legal requirements allowing him or her to work in the United States of America.
Submit your application
Interested candidates should send their resume and a required cover letter outlining their experience and interest in the position by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions must be done electronically.
Please include the job title on all correspondence. No phone calls or follow-up emails. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Position will remain open until filled.