The Québec Government is now accepting applications for projects in the competitive category of the Québec / United States University Grant Program, which is aimed at encouraging projects on Québec at U.S. universities, in the humanities and social sciences.
Scholars interested must submit their projects by December 9, 2013. To get more details, they can visit the ministère des Relations internationales, de la Francophonie et du Commerce extérieur (MRIFCE) web site.
The main purpose of projects will be to promote better understanding of Québec and/or its relations with the United States, or which involve a substantial element of comparison with Québec.
The MRIFCE is particularly interested in research in the following priority areas:
• bilateral relations between Québec and the United States
• the economy and bilateral trade
• security and border issues
• environmental, energy and natural resource issues
• sustainable transportation issues
• immigration issues
• comparative studies of governmental and economic policies
• Québec international relations and public diplomacy
• Québec identity and cultural policies
• issues related to Québec government priorities
The MRIFCE is also accepting applications for projects in the non-competitive category. The competition in this category will remain open until all funds have been awarded.