In order to boost trade with the State of Pennsylvania, Quebec’s 9th office in the U.S. was inaugurated today with the appointment of Andrea Townrow as Director. Ms. Townrow’s mandate is to promote Quebec’s commercial interest in the Greater Philadelphia region, and strengthen economic ties between the two regions.
Ms. Townrow has extensive experience in global business development and has held leadership positions at various industry advocacy and non-governmental organizations.
Pennsylvania-Québec Trade Relations
• Bilateral trade between Pennsylvania and Québec reached $3.5 billion in 2016.
• Pennsylvania is Québec’s 4th largest trading partner in the U.S.
• Nearly 50 Québec-owned companies have operations in Pennsylvania, creating nearly 5,400 U.S. jobs (including Aldo, Bombardier, Domtar, Saputo, CGI, Alimentations Couche-Tard, Cascades, Leger – The Market Intelligence Group, SNC Lavalin and Valeant Pharmaceuticals).
• More than 60 Pennsylvania-based companies operate subsidiaries in Québec (including Alcoa, Ametek, RTI International, Hajoca, NCO and Hershey).
• Aluminum, paper-based products and agri-food are some of our key trading sectors.
• Each year, Quebecers take over 259,000 trips to Pennsylvania spending approximately $44 million
• Pennsylvanians take over 65,800 trips to Quebec spending over $39 million each year.
Québec Trade Office
One Liberty Place
1650 Market St, 36th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103