Québec’s bilateral trade with Pennsylvania is set for a boost with the launch of a new trade office in Philadelphia and the appointment of Andrea Townrow as its Director.
Ms. Townrow's mandate is to promote Quebec’s commercial interests in the Greater Philadelphia region and strengthen economic ties between the two regions.
She has extensive experience in global business development and has held leadership positions at various industry advocacy and non-governmental organizations.
The Philadelphia office is part of a network of nine Quebec government offices in the U.S.
Pennsylvania-Québec Trade Relations
• Bilateral trade between Pennsylvania and Québec reached $3.5 billion in 2016.
• Pennsylvania is Québec’s 4th largest trading partner in the U.S.
• Nearly 50 Québec-owned companies including Aldo, Bombardier, Domtar, Saputo, CGI, Alimentations Couche-Tard, Cascades, Leger – The Market Intelligence Group, SNC Lavalin and Valeant Pharmaceuticals have operations in Pennsylvania, creating nearly 5,400 U.S. jobs.
• More than 60 Pennsylvania-based companies including Alcoa, Ametek, RTI International, Hajoca, NCO and Hershey operate subsidiaries in Québec.
• Aluminum, paper-based products and agri-food represent some key trading sectors.
• Each year, Quebecers take over 259,000 trips to Pennsylvania spending approximately $44 million.
• Pennsylvanians take over 65,800 trips to Quebec spending over $39 million each year.
Québec Trade Office
One Liberty Place
1650 Market St, 36th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103