The Québec Government Office in New York is looking to fill the position of Cultural Officer.
Under the supervision of the head of the Cultural Services department, the Officer works to promote and increase awareness of artists and cultural enterprises from Québec, further expanding their market reach and visibility in the Mid-Atlantic.
Applicants must be U.S citizens or Green Card holders.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor degree in arts administration or in a related field.
• A minimum of three years working experience in the cultural sector.
• Excellent knowledge of U.S. promoters and cultural institutions, especially in the performing arts.
• Good knowledge of Québec’s artistic community and cultural offerings (including in the sectors of performing arts, theatre, dance and music, visual arts, museology, arts and crafts, cinema and television, literature, circus arts) as well as of the demands and specificity of the U.S. market.
• Knowledge of the various programs supporting arts and artists abroad.
• Knowledge of U.S. regulations regarding fiscal policy and visas for foreign artists.
• Experience in organizing events.
• A superior command of written and spoken French and English.
Applicants must submit cover letters in French and English and a resume including the address and phone number of three people available for reference.
How to apply
Please send application to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 22nd, 2014 at 5pm.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.