An Unparalleled Business Environment
Québec’s economy is creative, innovative, competitive and open to the world.
Investing in Québec means benefitting from a competitive fiscal environment with low installation and operation costs. Find out more about the advantages of investing in Québec(French only).
For more information, contact Investissement Québec.
Strategically positioned between Europe and America
As a natural gateway to North America, Québec enjoys privileged access to a market of more than 490 million consumers through its participation in the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
A dynamic economic environmentFor more information about economic initiatives, consult the following Websites (in French only):
- Politique nationale de la recherche et de l’innovation 2014-2019
- Stratégie québécoise de l’aérospatiale 2016-2026
- Stratégie québécoise de développement de l'aluminium 2015-2025
- Plan d'action en économie numérique 2016
- Stratégie québécoise de l’exportation 2016-2020
A workforce with extraordinary creativity
Québec excels in multiple industries thanks, in part, to specialized expertise and a skilled workforce. Québec’s know-how and prodigious creativity are recognized worldwide.
A specialized and highly skilled workforce
The Québec workforce is made up of skilled, educated and experienced workers:
- 86 % of Québec’s population holds a secondary or post-secondary degree
- 29 % of the population holds a certificate, diploma, bachelor’s degree or graduate diploma.
A multilingual population
A population with a mastery of several languages:
- 43 % of Québec’s population (3.5 million people) speaks French and English
- Montréal, one of the largest French-speaking cities in the world, is a culturally rich cosmopolitan metropolis.
An abundant pool of talent and ressources to be tapped
Québec benefits from a high concentration of expertise owing to a strong network of colleges and universities and an extensive research infrastructure in strategic areas.