The Québec Government Office in London (DGQL) is looking for a trainee who will act as cultural attaché in connection with the Edinburgh Festival at the Québec Government Office in London, from June 10 to August 30 2019.
Destination: London, United Kingdom
This internship is supported by LOJIQ (International Youth Offices of Québec ).
As part of the partnership with The Ministry of International Relations and La Francophonie (MRIF), LOJIQ is once again presenting the individual internship program in Québec's representations abroad for the year 2019-2020, in order to contribute to the influence of Québec abroad and the development of Québec youth.
Opened in 1962, the DGQL represents the Government of Québec in the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland and the Nordic countries.
This internship is in line with the priorities of the MRIF which reiterates in the new government policy the importance of promoting creativity, culture, knowledge and the specificity of Québec abroad. It is also aligned with the new government cultural policy Partout La Culture (Culture Everywhere), which indicates in its objective 4.4 that the programming abroad of Québec cultural windows and collective presences of representatives of the Québec cultural sector in the context of activities targeting large Markets are also among the most promising forms of action.
Description of mandate
The trainee will contribute to the good preparation of the activities of the DGQL cultural service in connection with the Edinburgh festivals and all other related tasks requested by the cultural service or the DGQL.
As a platform for broadcasting and a must-see international market for the performing arts (dance, theater, circus, music) and the book market, the Edinburgh festivals welcome every year a strong presence of Québec artists as well as many Québec cultural representatives, programmers and other invited professionals. With a view to market development, the cultural affairs team ensures the visibility of Québec's cultural presence and expertise in this highly competitive environment. Our service is also present to maintain its network of high-level political and cultural influence in Scotland.
Before the festivals, the trainee will be responsible for documenting the repercussions of the Québec participation at the Edinburgh festivals (reputation, subsequent programming, future tours, etc.).
● Create a comprehensive list of Québec participations of the last twenty years at Edinburgh festivals;
● Create an impact evaluation questionnaire for Québec companies that participated in the festivals;
● Conduct interviews, collect data and present results.
The trainee will also assist with the organisation of the activities and the logistics of the events organised by the DGQL as part of the Edinburgh festivals according to the needs.
The work schedule will be 35 hours a week, 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
● Be between 18 and 30 years old;
● be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
● Hold a valid Québec Health Insurance Card (RAMQ);
● Living in Québec for at least one year;
● Have completed education and be unemployed or underemployed (part-time employment in a field not related to training);
● Self-employed people are also eligible.
It should be noted that students are not eligible.
If your application is accepted, you must be a member of the LOJIQ Foundation in order to benefit from LOJIQ's support. The annual membership of $ 25 allows you to support LOJIQ's actions with young people in Québec involved in an international mobility project, and provides you with negotiated benefits from partners.
● Have recently obtained a university degree in a subject related to culture or cultural administration;
● Demonstrate a strong interest in the field of culture;
● Have an excellent sense of organisation and a good capacity for analysis and synthesis;
● Be a skilled communicator who can easily initiate new contacts;
● Have a good sense of initiative and be able to manage working time while knowing how to work alone and within a small team;
● Be confident in grammar and numbers;
● Demonstrate good adaptability to different markets and cultures;
● Fluently master French and English both orally and in writing;
● Master IT tools (Windows 7, Office Suite, Outlook) and be able to learn new systems;
● Have knowledge or be familiar with Québec cultural subjects
Financial support offered
After accepting his application, the participant will receive from LOJIQ:
● A 65% reimbursement of the cost of international transportation between Quebec and the United Kingdom, up to a maximum of $ 750;
● Liability insurance and financial and partial support for obtaining "medical travel insurance" for the duration of the project abroad;
● A lump sum for transportation to Quebec for participants from certain remote areas;
● A weekly allowance of $ 350 for 12 weeks.
The Ministry of Culture and Communication offers:
● A lump sum allowance of $ 2,500 for the internship.
The Québec Government Office in London offers:
● Reimbursement of the transport ticket on proof;
● £ 2.60 for the lunch refund;
● Possibility of taking care of a short stay in Edinburgh to support the reception at a DGQL event on the spot, it is a place;
● Support to search for housing in a neighborhood near the place of the stage.
Other conditions of participation:
● It should be noted that the selected candidate will have to purchase his / her ticket himself and take the necessary steps with the British High Commissioner in Ottawa to obtain the "Tier 5" visa (Youth Mobility Scheme ) At a cost of £ 235. www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility. It should also be noted that the NHS surcharge will be charged to the applicant;
● Subsistence costs, as well as all other inherent costs (passport, airport taxes, baggage fees, etc.) are the trainee's responsibility;
● The trainee agrees to travel without an escort.
NB: LOJIQ members receive discounts and benefits from Air Canada, Escapade Travel Insurance, Hotels.com, see the complete list: https://www.lojiq.org/fondation/les-avantages/.
Your application must include
● Your updated curriculum vitae;
● A letter explaining your situation to the job, your experiences, your motivations and your goals in relation to what you get from your experience.
* A candidate can apply from 10 days between the deadlines for submission of applications.
To submit your application, you must
1. Create an account on the LOJIQ Portal: https://portaillojiq.force.com/CreateUser
2. Click on the following link to access the application form on the LOJIQ Portal: https://portaillojiq.force.com/s/candidature-new?projectId=a0P1B00000jflD8&type=ac
Deadline to submit your application
Monday March 11, 2019 at 17h.
Québec's international youth services
418-644-2750 ext. 316 or 1-800-465-4255
khebert (at) lojiq.org