The Québec Government Office in London is looking for an Information & Digital Media Officer.
The Québec Government Office in London (the Delegation) was opened in 1962 and represents the Québec government in the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland and the Nordic countries.
The Delegation’s Political and Public Affairs section is mandated to develop and foster ties with various political bodies and organisations across the territories it covers, assist and/or coordinate missions for political figures from Québec and Québec institutions, keep abreast of the sociopolitical contexts of the countries it covers, present a fair and balanced overview of Québec, develop effective means of communication (newsletters, social media and press reviews), disseminate information during public events and provide access to a wide range of sources of information relating to Québec.
Under the supervision of the Director of Political and Public Affairs, and in collaboration with all other departments within the Delegation and Québec’s ministère des Relations internationales et de la Francophonie, the post holder will conceive and implement the Delegation’s public affairs and communications plan across the territories it covers. He/she will be responsible for:
• Producing content for and managing the Delegation’s online platforms (web site, newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, intranet);
• Producing a daily review of the British press with specific attention to key topics and areas of interest;
• Drafting and publishing articles pertaining to the Delegation’s activities through different means of communication adapted to a target audience;
• Publicising important events/projects in which the Delegation takes part;
• Managing enquiries from the public;
• Welcoming school groups (in collaboration with the other members of the Political and Public Affairs section);
• Supporting all departments with social media;
• Supporting the Director of Political and Public Affairs in responding to media enquiries, developing a list of media, and implementing the Delegation’s communication strategy.
In matters concerning communication, the post holder is expected to support all the Delegation’s areas of activity (political, economic, and cultural). Additionally, the post holder will, for specific tasks, act as administrative assistant to the Director of Political and Public Affairs.
The post holder will:
• Possess a perfect command and knowledge of both English and French, particularly in written form;
• Have University education or relevant equivalent experience;
• Demonstrate professional experience and mastery of social media (Facebook, Twitter), preferably with a minimum of two years ;
• Possess a knowledge and understanding of British and Québec societies, their political environment and current affairs;
• Be creative, innovative, curious, show autonomy and initiative, and possess keen synoptic skills;
• Possess excellent organisational skills and understanding of responsibilities, be able to work as part of a team and multitask;
• Possess excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and be able to learn new systems.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK or already in possession of a relevant work visa. The Delegation will not support any visa application.
Professional reference checks will be carried out and any job offer will be subject to satisfactory security clearance (DBS check).
The Québec Government Office in London is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates can send their CV and accompanying cover letter by email to Mrs Bhavna Seesarun (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5pm on the 28th September 2018.
Only selected candidates will be contacted
Salary: £34,509 per year (35h/week)