The Québec government is inviting interested parties to join them and their partners in carrying out the Plan Nord, an exemplary sustainable development project. This major endeavour seeks to harness the economic, mining, energy, social, cultural and tourism potential of Québec’s territory, north of the 49th parallel and north of the St. Lawrence River and Gulf of St. Lawrence.
The Plan Nord’s guiding principles are:
- maintaining a balance between economic, social and environmental aspects
- a responsible and sustainable development of Northern Québec’s natural resources
- establishing conditions conducive to economic development (access to the territory, energy, human resources)
- development that is harmonious, ethical and respectful of the populations
- at the heart of all decisions, a willingness to protect the environment and conserve the North’s fragile biodiversity.
The plan will be deployed between now and 2035. Close to 50 billion Canadian dollars will be invested and many skilled jobs will be created.
To find out more and/or to get onboard, please consult the document which is accessible via the following link: MRIF