With over 650 companies active in many different areas, tens of thousands of qualified workers and a number of innovative research centres, ground transportation is a major component of the Québec economy. Our expertise in advanced transportation is opening up new paths to the future!
Find more information on Invest Québec website
One of the best-structured industries in Québec’s economy.
- Over 650 companies, including leading contractors and world-class outfitters, as well as a network of specialty product suppliers and subcontractors.
- With annual sales of $7 billion, the industry is renowned for its innovativeness and its grasp of global challenges. Québec is home to numerous research centres studying lightweight materials, batteries and smart systems—three of the hottest niche markets—with the potential to support Québec companies by developing solutions tailored to the needs of world markets.
In addition, Québec has adopted a number of economic strategies to help give Québec businesses a leg up on the global competition:
- Québec’s 2015-2025 Aluminum Development Strategy (in French only);
- 2015–2020 Transportation Electrification Action Plan;
- Québec’s Digital Strategy (in French only);
- 2016-2020 Québec Export Strategy (in French only);
- Québec Research and Innovation Strategy (in French only).
To learn more about Québec’s ground transportation industry, contact the Québec Government Office covering your territory.