The expertise of Québec’s world-class aluminium industry permeates its entire value chain:
- Aluminium processors
- Equipment manufacturers and specialized suppliers
- Primary aluminium producers
- Industry organizations
A key industry sector for Québec:
- 4th primary aluminium producer in the world
- 2.7 million tonnes produced in 2015, more than 65% of North American production
- $7.1 billion in exports
- 30,000 quality jobs in nearly 1,500 companies
A forward-thinking strategy
Québec is the first jurisdiction to implement a comprehensive strategy aimed at growing aluminium’s value chain and raising its profile. The Québec Aluminium Development Strategy pursues ambitious goals, such as doubling processing output by 2025.
The greenest aluminium in the world
Thanks to hydroelectric power generation, Québec companies have access to a local aluminium supply with the lowest carbon footprint in the world.
More information is available at the Ministère de l’Économie, de la Science et de l’Innovation website.
To find out more about Québec’s aluminium industry, contact the Québec Government Office covering your territory.