Is your company active in the United States and looking to increase its exports to the U.S. market? The Accelerated Growth Center (AGC) can help.
How it works
Following periodic calls for applications, dossiers submitted by companies are reviewed and evaluated by a governance committee according to pre-established selection criteria and a detailed evaluation grid.
Once the companies are selected, the AGC puts together cohorts of six to eight companies and identifies U.S. based consultants which can best meet their business development needs. The consultants are referred to the companies and can assist them for a period of 6 to 18 months.
The participating companies are responsible for choosing the consultants with whom they wish to work. They are also responsible for determining the deliverables and negotiating the fees.
Services for participating companies
The AGC offers participating companies a platform that connects them to U.S. based consultants who have the specialized expertise they need:
- Marketing and sales acceleration strategy
- Business development
- Acquisitions and partnerships
- Legal advice, trade regulations
- Geographical markets to be targeted
In addition to services provided by consultants working with the AGC, companies can also benefit from the support and market expansion services offered by Export Quebec and Québec government offices in the United States.
Québec Government offices in the United States can also provide participating companies with free access to work stations, telephone and videoconferencing systems, as well as meeting and reception rooms.
Consult Preliminary Legal Observations for Québec Businesses Expanding Into the US before starting your project (Document available in English only).
Eligibility requirements for companies
- Annual sales of at least $25 M
- Presence in at least two markets outside Québec, including the U.S.
- Head office in the province of Québec
The company must also show its determination to expand in the U.S. as well as a degree of leadership in its line of business. Furthermore, the company must submit a detailed business plan and project outlining three years of sustained growth for its activities in the United States. Finally, it must be able to detail the resources (financial and human) that it plans to commit in order to achieve the objectives of its project with the AGC.
Only companies that can clearly state their business development assistance needs will be considered.
Companies that qualify for the Quebec government’s Export Program may receive, under certain conditions, financial assistance covering 40% of the eligible expenses they incur as part of their project with the AGC, up to a maximum of 100,000 dollars. Eligible expenses include the fees charged by the consultants and a lump sum for a limited number of trips in the U.S.
This assistance is intended to support companies facing financial pressure that could compromise their project with the AGC. It is granted based on the following criteria:
- Net profits ≤ 10 million Canadian dollars
- Liquidity ratio [(current assets − stock) / current liabilities] ≤ 1.5
If your company is not eligible according to the above-stated criteria, but believes that financial assistance would be necessary to carry out its U.S. expansion project, please contact the AGC for a more detailed analysis.
- Calego is a privately-held company based in Montréal. What started as a small leather goods company in 1931 has become one of the world's leading developers and distributors of luggage and travel goods. After just a few years, Calego built iFLY as the #1 rated and reviewed luggage brand, became Walmart’s best-in-class omnichannel supplier and received Walmart’s 2018 Supplier of the Year award. In addition to owning and building brands, Calego licenses brands for accessories it distributes to other major retailers across the United States and Europe.
- District m is a full-service advertising exchange that creates open, transparent marketplaces through which publishers and advertisers can quickly and easily connect to maximize today's digital advertising demand. Since our inception, we have served as a trusted monetization partner to 2,500 publishers globally by bringing incremental demand through over 200 unique brand partnerships.
With offices in Montreal, New York, Toronto and Los Angeles, and propelled by an investment by Fonds de solidarité FTQ, we continue to grow and increase our footprint in the digital media industry. As of today, our company is comprised of more than 80 talented experts who are all responsible for its international success and influence.
- Groupe Lacasse is a North American leader in the design, manufacture and service of a broad range of high-quality furniture solutions for all types of business and institutional environments. Headquartered in Saint-Pie, Québec, Canada, the company employs over 525 people.
Our mission is to offer high-quality products and complete furniture solutions serving the commercial, educational and healthcare market segments. We strive to offer the best value in the industry. Our vision is to be the most successful, inspired and passionate designer and manufacturer of furniture solutions by always exceeding industry growth and being a worldwide reference in products and services.
- Kinova isn’t just developing innovative products. It’s improving lives through responsible, respectful uses of technology. It’s collaborating with policy-makers, educators and businesses to ensure our products reach those who need them. It’s about giving you the tools and working with you to ensure they have the desired effect.
The thinking behind every Kinova product is guided entirely by our human-first approach and our desire to empathize with the people for whom we’re designing. To survive and succeed in today’s increasingly complex world, we need to generate devices and services that improve the lives of our customers. Being able to see the world through their eyes, being able to put ourselves in their shoes, is vital to our success.
At the heart of our design thinking, we've developed internal resources that allow us to consult with, listen to and meet the needs of our customers — everything from communications, to coaching, to product development, to technology awareness. Every product, every innovation we develop, is conceived with people in mind.
- Lamontagne Chocolate Inc. has been manufacturing high quality chocolate and confectionery products for more than 40 years and has become an important leader in its field. It’s expertise has enabled the company to develop strong business partnerships in private label products, co-manufacturing and Lamontagne brand which have been awarded for the innovation of its products. The state-of-the-art factory is peanut-free, kosher and gluten-free as well as BRC Food certified, the industry's most recognized standard for food safety and traceability.
- The Lion Electric Co. is an innovative manufacturer of custom-built zero emission vehicles. Since its foundation in 2008, Lion’s mission has been to develop durable, integrated solutions while reducing its environmental footprint.
Always actively seeking new technologies, Lion vehicles have unique features that are specifically adapted to its users and their everyday needs.
- Produits Neptune offers a wide range of Canada-made bathroom products along with a unique portfolio of refined equipment designed to blend seamlessly with all units. First company in North America to earn certification ECORESPONSIBLE, Produits Neptune provides inspiring, well-thought out products with enough flexibility to mix, match, and create unique bathrooms.
- Uniboard Canada Inc. is a leading North American manufacturer of engineered wood products, having an installed capacity of over 660 million square feet of raw particleboard, high and medium-density fiberboard, of which over 50% is converted into value-added thermally fused laminate, laminate flooring, engineered flooring and rigid core flooring products. Its mills are located in Sayabec, Val-d’Or, Mont-Laurier and Laval and employ over 850 people. Uniboard’s products are sold to retailers, distributors and finished goods manufacturers, which cater to the kitchen cabinet, furniture, office, home renovation, construction and floor covering industries. Uniboard is renowned for having one of the most extensive product portfolios of engineered wood products in North America, ranging from deep embossed and synchronized TFL textures to ultra-light MDF. Uniboard, the innovator in decorative composite wood products, has been redefining wood for 35 years.
- Verbom specializes in the manufacture of stamped sheet metal parts for the land transport sector. We have 280 employees spread over two sites in Quebec who are highly qualified and contribute to the growth of the company. Verbom is a private, non-unionized company. A portion of our sales are related to the manufacturing of press tools that we sell to our customers in the automotive, motorsports and transit sectors.
Verbom has always relied on innovation to stand out and ensure its growth. A few years ago, we introduced a new process, the thermoforming of aluminum sheet, which allowed us, among other things, to make the bodywork of the new Montreal metro. Subsequently, a strategic partnership agreement was signed with a car manufacturer so that we could develop a process capable of producing aluminum body parts. In 2017 we filed a joint patent on this process, the HSBF (High Speed Blow Forming) which allows us to form parts 10 times faster than before thus opening the doors to the automotive market.
- Abzac Canada, headquarters in Drummondville, QC, is a leading producer of cardboard tubes, cores, and cornerboards in North America.
Abzac’s continued growth is attributed to its proximity to the market and customer service. Thus, ensuring greater responsiveness, reduced delivery times and inventory. Abzac’s fundamental value is to provide with the guarantee of the best product quality and service offered.
As of today, Abzac stands out for its experience and knowledge. Abzac determined to build its growth and expansion around 3 key concepts: developing reliable products adapted to the needs of the market, maintaining customer relations based on competence and trust and being present on the production sites near the main users.
- ROLAND BOULANGER & CO is a leading Canadian manufacturer of mouldings and wood components that meet global quality standards. The mouldings are available at construction material retailers, renovation centres, hardware stores and big-box stores. The company also produces custom components for the furniture, kitchen cabinet, door and window, and pre-fab home industries.
- Camso, formerly Camoplast Solideal, the Road Free company, is a world leader in the design, manufacturing and distribution of off-road tires, wheels, rubber tracks and undercarriage systems to serve the material handling, construction, agricultural and powersports industries. The company operates R&D centres and manufacturing plants in North and South America, Europe and Asia. Camso supplies its products to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) under the names Camso and Solideal, and distributes its products in the replacement market through its global distribution network.
- Located in Sherbrooke in the region of Estrie, Cuisine Idéale has been designing and creating kitchen cabinets and bathrooms for over 45 years. With their expertise, Cuisine Idéale offers designs perfectly suited to their clients lifestyles, all while remaining at the forefront of trends. Cuisine Idéale has an exceptional variety of high quality doors, cabinets and finishes. Using the highest quality products allows Cuisine Idéale to offer a limited lifetime guarantee. Their customer service is recognized as the best in the industry. Cuisine Idéale’s products are distributed in Canada and the United States.
- D-BOX is a company of visionaries and innovators. We create hyper-realistic, immersive entertainment experiences by moving the body and sparking the imagination through the use of technology and motion. This expertise is one of the reasons why we have collaborated with some of the best companies in the world to deliver new ways to tell great stories. Whether it’s movies, video games, virtual reality applications, themed entertainment or professional simulation, we’re driven by a desire to enhance the experience and, ultimately, move the world.
D-BOX Technologies Inc. is a publicly traded Canadian company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: DBO). The head office is located in Montreal and offices are based in Los Angeles, USA and Beijing, China. More information is available at D-BOX.com.
- Founded in 1985, Boutique la Vie en Rose Inc. has become the leading Canadian retailer specializing in lingerie, sleepwear, and swimwear since its acquisition in 1996 by François Roberge. With over 2,600 employees, the company headquartered in Montreal, counts over 230 stores across Canada operating under two distinct banners, la Vie en Rose and Bikini Village. With the opening of nearly 100 la Vie en Rose points of sale in 16 countries since the beginning of its international expansion in 2004, Boutique la Vie en Rose Inc is a true Canadian success story and plans on continuing its growth by doubling its sales revenue in the next five years.
- Levio is an information technology and organizational management consultancy company, which excels at executing enterprise-scale transformation and innovation programs, designing cutting-edge digital solutions and implementing end-to-end corporate software. Since its creation in 2013, Levio has become a market leader in Québec, and, has grown in Montreal and Toronto since 2017.
- The Novatech Group is a manufacturer of entry doors, door glasses, patio doors, retractable screens and sealed units. Over 550 employees work for the Group that counts 11 plants in Canada, one plant in the United States and one plant in France.
Novatech offers a range of architectural products adapted to the various markets served. The products are intended for the renovation and new construction markets in Canada, the United States and France.
The Novatech Group development manifests itself in the pursuit of excellence, automation and innovation at all levels of the company. The horizontal integration distinguishes the group that can sell different products to same customers in a larger geographical horizon.
- ROYER manufactures ASTM, CSA and ISO/EN approved safety footwear for the Canadian, American and European markets. The company’s expertise in developing and manufacturing boots for extreme conditions led to the recent development of its military footwear category. Royer also provides services for developing products adapted to the needs of workers in the most extreme industrial environments on the planet in order to address work footwear protection, durability and discomfort issues. The company was established in 1934 and now does business in eleven countries.
- Firmly grounded since 1975 SERTI Informatique Inc. operates from its Montreal offices. Weathering the computer revolution of the last four decades, SERTI has secured the leadership skills and the power to offer IT solutions that are technologically advanced and comprehensive. Its success is the result of teamwork and carefully mixed experience and knowledge, positioning SERTI in the information technology driver's seat.
SERTI is proudly developing, selling and supporting its very own dealership management system – the SDS Solution– for customers across Canada and the US, in a Software-as-a-Service delivery model.
- Vortex Aquatic Structures International, headquartered in Montreal, Canada, was founded in 1995 by with the introduction of the first Splashpad®. Vortex has grown into the world leader in aquatic play landscapes and entertainment, with over 7000 installations in 45 countries, and, and 11 offices worldwide. The company’s commitment to innovation has been recognized with continuous product innovation and numerous project awards, and has driven significant growth. Vortex Aquatic Structures provides imaginative, durable aquatic play and water feature solutions that create everlasting memories. Our ongoing mission is to develop fun, safe and reliable products for families and children of all ages and abilities.
- EXO-S is an integrated supplier of global engineered injection and blow-molded thermoplastic systems for automotive and specialty markets, including the following sectors: agriculture, construction, forestry, household appliances, toys, watercraft, and recreational vehicles. Established in 2012, the company has operations in Québec, the United States and Mexico, in addition to partnerships in China, Korea, Spain, France and Poland.
- THE BUGATTI GROUP is a company specializing in the manufacture and sale of travel bags, shoulder bags, document cases, briefcases and other accessories for business people and travellers. The group manufactures and distributes its products worldwide via its brands: Bugatti, Joanel, Mouflon, Traveldesk and the Céline Dion collection.
“The AGC allowed us to accelerate our business development plan in the U.S. by giving Marquis quick access to highly qualified advisors who understand our company’s strategic challenges”lan Larouche, Vice President, Marketing
MARQUIS provides optimal solutions to content owners in the publishing and communications industry in Canada, the United States and Europe. Its recognized leadership is based on offering one-stop shopping for file management, graphic design and traditional printing, primarily in the book sector, as well as for many other types of bound publications. Established in 1937, Marquis is a partner of choice for thousands of publishers and content owners the world over.
“The ACG was able to quickly put us in contact with key players in new niche markets our company is targeting. Thanks to the AGC, Montel has saved months if not years in the execution of its growth strategy in the U.S..” Jérôme Doucet, Vice President, Sales and Marketing
MONTEL provides profitable storage solutions that take up less space, primarily through the manufacture of high-density mobile storage systems. Montel has earned a name for itself around the world as a manufacturer of products for offices, institutions, industries, businesses and even the residential sector. The company was established in 1924 and now serves clients in North America, Central America, Europe and the Middle East.
- O SOLE MIO provides its customers with the freshest flavours of Italy by creating ready-to-serve products made from the best ingredients. The company has a superior-class LEED manufacturing plant and uses the most technologically advanced equipment that allows for strict control measures and innovative production techniques. The company was founded in Québec in 1998 and exports throughout Canada, the United States and Mexico.
- OUELLET CANADA is a Canadian leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of electric heating products for residential, commercial and industrial use. Headquartered in L’Islet (Quebec) since 1960, the company has conquered the Canadian, U.S., and overseas markets by constantly pushing the limits of innovation and keeping research and production firmly focused on high-performance electrical heating products.
“With the AGC’s help, we were able to run an analysis of our U.S. expansion plan quickly and efficiently. The advisors and partners identified by the AGC were key in facilitating our approach and in helping us identify potential new opportunities.”Denis Bertrand, President
SIGMA INDUSTRIES manufactures composite and metal products. As a specialized integrator for transportation industries (trucks, urban and long distance buses), construction, wind energy, agriculture and recreational vehicles, the company provides comprehensive engineering, design, research and development, manufacturing and assembly services.
- ECOSYSTEM is a company specialized in improving the energy efficiency of buildings and the productivity of industrial plants. It provides maintenance for value-added assets and constructs residual thermal energy recovery and recycling systems. This construction engineering company acts as the design-builder for each of its projects. It was founded in Québec City in 1993 and now has offices in Québec City, Montréal, Toronto, Calgary, New York and Boston.
“With the AGC’s support, we were able to intensify our business development in the northeastern United States by organizing several meetings with prospective clients. Today, I’m glad to see some of those prospects turn into actual new customers.”Marie-Michèle LeMoine, Director, Retail Division
FRUITS D'OR is an international company specialized in processing high quality cranberry and blueberry products. It is a leader in Canada and offers a wide range of products adapted to the needs of all stakeholders in the agri-food sector, whether they are looking for fresh fruit, dried fruit, frozen fruit, fruit juice, fruit concentrate, puree or powder. The company was founded in 2000 in Québec and now exports to the rest of Canada, the United States and Europe.
- MIRALIS is a Québec company that was founded in 1976. It has built its reputation as a kitchen designer through its pioneering vision and the impeccable quality of its products. The company is based in Rimouski. Initially specializing in kitchen cabinets, it was quickly recognized for having an artistic vision ahead of its time. Today, Miralis carries out major projects and exports its talent and expertise around the world.
- OPTEL VISION was founded in Québec City in 1995. Its expertise in engineering, optics, electronics, data processing, digital technology, mechanics and robotics, combined with its global presence, enables it to solve highly complex problems. The company has offices in Canada, Ireland, Brazil and India.
- PAJAR CANADA is a family-owned company that manufactures shoes, clothing and accessories inspired by the Canadian heritage, including Pajar Canada Heritage Premium boots, the Pajar Sports collection and its line of high-performance outerwear. Founded in 1963, the company has production facilities in Montréal, Europe and Asia.
- RUDSAK is a company specializing in the manufacture and sale of top-of-the line leather clothing, shoes and accessories. The brand was founded in 1994 by its visionary and creative leader, Evik Asatoorian, who continues to oversee the concept and design of its collections. Based in Montréal, Rudsak still reflects its Canadian legacy and Montréal roots, while exporting throughout Canada. The company has recently ventured into the U.S. market.
- TERMACO develops and integrates solutions for the protection of energy storage systems. It operates plants in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu and Reading, Pennsylvania, and is a leading North American supplier of battery trays, modules, racks and battery cabinets for uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems. It also designs and manufactures high performance protective solutions for the industrial battery industry.
- VARITRON designs, assembles, and ensures the integration of highly complex electronic systems in such cutting-edge sectors of activity as smart grids, defence, optics, aeronautics, transportation, security, telecommunications, automated systems and medical equipment. With its three facilities as well as numerous partnership agreements and strategic alliances with key players at the international level, the company is able to fully serve its customers and provide them assistance with their innovation and development efforts.