Le grand quiz de La Francophonie was a huge success this year despite the coronavirus crisis and the start of lockdown, with no less than 2,500 participants worldwide, including 2,153 British schoolchildren.
After France in 2018, and Switzerland in 2019, it was the turn of the Québec Government Office in London to prepare the quiz in collaboration with La Francophonie UK group (Québec, Canada, France, Switzerland, Wallonia, Monaco and Tunisia ). Therefore, the quiz contained 30 questions about Québec on top of the 30 questions about the Francophonie and French-speaking countries.
New categories have been introduced to open the quiz to a wider audience fully celebrate the 50th anniversary of the International Organization of La Francophonie (OIF):
● A general public category (quiz of 60 questions);
● A quiz of 35 questions more accessible to schools.
We have received responses from all around the world: the United Kingdom (including Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) of course, but also from Québec, Ireland, France, Algeria, Australia, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Chad, Spain, Finland, Kenya, Mexico, Moldova and Norway.
Several participants shared their results on social media. Teachers even published photos of their students taking the quiz during La Francophonie week USING the hashtag #FrancophonieQuiz.
The winners of the Grand Quiz de la Francophonie 2020 special Québec are:
● School category (35 questions): The team "Un oeuf is enough" (6 students) from Lady Manners school (Bakewell), year 9 (KS3) with a score of 35/35 in 8 minutes and 41 seconds. They are the only ones to have answered all the questions correctly!
● School category (60 questions): Kiera Callaway, from New Forest Academy (Southampton), year 9 (KS3) with a score of 55/60 in 12 minutes and 4 seconds.
● General public category (60 questions): Félix Prevost (London) with a score of 55/60 in 18 minutes and 30 seconds.
The whole team at the Québec Government Office in London, as well as the Francophonie UK group, thank the participants, students and teachers who helped make this 2020 edition a success.
We warmly congratulate this year’s winners!
The answers to the grand quiz of La Francophonie 2020:
● 35 questions: https://bit.ly/ReponsesQuiz35
● 60 questions: https://bit.ly/ReponsesQuiz60