By participating in the quiz, you confirm that you have read and accepted the contest terms, conditions and general rules specified below.
The quiz is open to participants from all around the world; but only UK residents will be considered for prizes (see general rules).
The quiz will be available online during the Francophonie week, from 14th to 22nd March 2020. You can answer it at your convenience during this period.
Only responses submitted via Typeform (official quiz platform) will be accepted.
The quiz has been prepared by the Québec Government Office in London, in collaboration with the Francophonie UK group.
1. There are two versions of the quiz. A version of 35 questions is reserved for British secondary schools (pupils KS3; S1, S2 and S3 in Scotland). A version of 60 questions is open to British secondary schools (pupils KS3; S1, S2 and S3 in Scotland); Alliances Françaises and French Institutes participating in the United Kingdom (all students, adolescents and adults included); as well as the general public in the UK and around the world.
2. Pre-registration: Pre-registration for UK secondary schools via EventBrite ends March 13, 2020 at 11.59pm (local time). After this date it will still be possible to obtain the link to the 35 question quiz for British secondary schools, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. On the 14th March 2020, at 12:00 pm, the quiz link will be sent to all pre-registered people. For secondary schools, this email will contain, the link to the 35 question quiz and the link to the 60 question quiz, as well as the certificate of participation to be completed and printed by the teacher.
3. The quiz will be available online during the Francophonie week, from the 14th to the 22nd March 2020. There is no need to pre-register for the 60 question quiz. 4. UK secondary schools can choose to respond individually (one answer per student) or in teams of up to 10 individuals.
5. Only individual entries are accepted for the general public and for Alliances Françaises and Instituts Français in the United Kingdom.
6. There are 3 prizes to be won for the following categories: - A prize for the 35 question quiz: best individual or team from a British secondary school: KS3 pupils (S1, S2 and S3 in Scotland). - A prize for the best individual or team from a British secondary school category (pupils KS3; S1, S2 and S3 in Scotland) having answered the quiz of 60 questions. - A prize for the best individual (resident in the United Kingdom) in the general public category, having responded to the quiz of 60 questions. It is important to note that even if the quiz is open to players from all around the world, the general public price is reserved for residents of the United Kingdom. Note that the prizes for the “Alliances Françaises et Instituts Français” category are at the discretion of the Alliances Françaises and Instituts Français in the UK themselves. Please contact them to find out if they have any plans.
7. The prize: For each of the categories mentioned in point 6), there is a garnished basket to win (Quebec flavor, books) worth around £60. This prize is to be shared in the case of a team (British secondary schools).
8. Winners: The winner in each category will be the individual or team (in the case of UK secondary schools) who answered the most questions correctly in the shortest time. We will notify the winners by email. There is no time limit to respond the questions.
9. The use of additional resources (books, internet and search engines) is accepted and even encouraged.
10. If one of the winners fail to meet the contest rules, the Québec Government Office in London reserves the right to disqualify him or her.
11. The winner authorizes the Québec Government Office in London to disclose his or her name for the purposes of publishing the contest results if required, without receiving any form of remuneration.
12. If the winners refuse to accept their prize, the Québec Government Office in London will be released of any liability or obligation toward towards them.
13. The Québec Government Office in London reserves the right to change, postpone or cancel the contest, if necessary, and accepts no liability resulting from losses, delays mistaken addresses or any other errors.
14. For their protection, participants are advised not to provide any personal information in their answer to the contest question. The information requested from the winner and the other participants will be used only by the Québec Government Office in London and will be destroyed when it is no longer useful. This information may not be used for any other purpose without the consent of the winner or other participant, and in providing said information the participant consents to its use for the specified purpose. Only the first and last names of the winner will be disclosed by means of the Web tools. All disclosures of information shall comply with the politique de confidentialité du ministère des Relations internationales et de la Francophonie (MRIF).
15. It is important to indicate name (s) and email address so that we can identify the winners and contact them.
16. For the purposes of the contest, all decisions of the Québec government office in London are final and may not be appealed.
17. The contest is null and void in places where it is prohibited by law. The contest is governed by the laws applicable in Québec.
18. Except for the winner, the contest participants will not receive any correspondence or other communication.
19. If a paragraph of these rules is declared or deemed to be illegal, impracticable or null and void by a court, said paragraph shall be considered to be null and void but all of the other, unaffected paragraphs shall be applied within the limits of the applicable laws.
20. The contest prize cannot be exchanged or cashed in.
21. Winners will be notified by email before the 31st March 2020 and the prize will be sent by mail.
22. Answers to quizzes will only be accepted during the contest period: from the 14th to the 22nd March 2020 at 11:59 pm (local time).