The Minister of the Economy, Science and Innovation, Ms. Dominique Anglade, was present at the Consumer Electronics Show 2018 (CES) held in Las Vegas from January 8 to 11, one of the most established and important conferences dedicated to new technologies. The event is organized by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), an organization that promotes the new technology industry in the United States. CTA has more than 2,000 members in the United States and abroad.
Meeting with more than 45 Québec companies
Canada Connects Event
Canada Connects Event
Francophonie and Tech
Meeting with Ted Cannis, Global Director of Electrification, Ford
Dinner with Gary Shapiro, President of CTATech and Sage Chandler, VP of International Trade
A chat between Minister Dominique Anglade, Ms. Elizabeth MacKay and Gorvernor of Nevada, Brian Sandoval at the Leaders in Technology dinner
CES brings together key players in new technologies and potential partners for Québec companies. Each year, more than 4,000 companies exhibit their technologies and more than 180,000 industry professionals participate and network.
The Minister and several members of the Québec Government Office in Los Angeles and the Québec Trade Office in Silicon Valley, including Delegate Elizabeth MacKay, were able to take part in the activities that took place:
• A round table discussion with more than 45 Québec companies enabled them to learn about each other's mission objectives and discuss the challenges of technology commercialization in Québec and the United States;
• “Canada Connects” networking evening, which was a great success and allowed participants from the provincial delegations present at the CES to meet;
• A meeting with Brian Sandoval, Governor of Nevada, at the "Leaders in Technology" dinner and with Ted Cannis, Ford's Global Director of Electrification;
• A meeting between the Québec business delegation and representatives of the French Village. The latter brings together the French-speaking participants of the show and creates direct business opportunities between French-speaking players, territories and networks in the digital environment;
• A “Québec Reception" that showcased a growing Québec company: LeddarTech