Both traditional and creative, the cuisine of Québec is continually reinventing itself: traditional recipes are adapted to today's tastes while retaining the best of what Québec's culinary heritage has to offer. Reflecting French, British and Native American influences, the cuisine of Québec champions local flavours such as maple, cranberry and northern spices.
For her second appearance at Eat! BRUSSELS, Chef Andréanne Marcil, originating from Québec but a Bruxelloise by adoption, draws inspiration from Québec’s flagship products to create some original dishes with a contemporary twist. Beef, duck and scallop are judiciously prepared to take you on a transatlantic trip, using maple, of course, but also a selection of fruits and vegetables typical of Québec dishes. Similarly, poutine (the blend of chips, cheese and sauce) gains some new ingredients for a unique taste experience.
Québec products to take away
The sales reps in the shop Le Bon sirop d’érable du Québec, who have come from Québec for this very purpose, will tell you about the origins of the region’s typical products. You’ll come away with the finest ingredients with which to serve up the flavours of Québec at your table: maple syrups (from golden extra light via amber to dark), seasonings, confectionery and original drinks such as maple whiskey, microbrewery beers and ice cider.
Have a great culinary trip to the land of the maple!
Moor information on Facebook
◦ Poutine with pulled pork and sour cream.
◦ Beef cheek braised in Labrador tea, mashed potatoes with hazelnut butter, roast cabbage and sautéed oyster mushrooms, and a fresh herb salad.
◦ Maple-caramelised bacon poutine.
◦ Duck breast glazed with maple, tangy red berry sauce, celeriac and potato gratin.
◦ Poutine with sautéed oyster mushrooms.
◦ Maple beef gravlax, red beetroot and apple salad.
◦ Smoked meat poutine.
◦ Maple-seared scallops on apple and turmeric cream sauce, leek fondue.
Parc de Bruxelles (International village)
Samedi 07/09 - from 12:00 to 23:00
Dimanche 08/09 - from 12:00 to 21:30
To find the specialities of Andréanne Marcil in Brussel:
To order the products of Le Bon sirop d’érable: