An Unparalleled Business Environment
Québec’s economy is creative, innovative, competitive and open to the world.
Investing in Québec means benefitting from a competitive fiscal environment with low installation and operation costs of a company.
Strategically positioned between Europe and America
As a natural gateway to North America, Québec enjoys privileged access to a market of more than 490 million consumers through its participation in the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
A dynamic economic environmentFor more information about economic initiatives, consult the following Websites (in French only):
- Stratégie québécoise de la recherche et de l’innovation 2017-2022
- Stratégie québécoise de l’aérospatiale 2016-2026
- Stratégie québécoise de développement de l'aluminium 2015-2025
- Plan d'action en économie numérique
- Stratégie québécoise de l’exportation 2016-2020
A workforce with extraordinary creativity
Québec excels in multiple industries thanks, in part, to specialized expertise and a skilled workforce. Québec’s know-how and prodigious creativity are recognized worldwide.
A specialized and highly skilled workforce
The Québec workforce is made up of skilled, educated and experienced workers:
- 86 % of Québec’s population holds a secondary or post-secondary degree
- 29 % of the population holds a certificate, diploma, bachelor’s degree or graduate diploma.
A multilingual population
A population with a mastery of several languages:
- 43 % of Québec’s population (3.5 million people) speaks French and English
- Montréal, one of the largest French-speaking cities in the world, is a culturally rich cosmopolitan metropolis.
An abundant pool of talent and ressources to be tapped
Québec benefits from a high concentration of expertise owing to a strong network of colleges and universities and an extensive research infrastructure in strategic areas.
Find out more about the advantages of investing in Québec(French only).