An Unparalleled Business Environment
Investing in Québec means companies benefit from a competitive fiscal environment and low start-up and operation costs.
Strategically positioned between Europe and America
Québec has an unrivalled foothold in European and North American markets thanks to the Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA) and Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA).
A dynamic economic environmentLearn more about Québec’s economic initiatives by visiting:
- the 2017-2022 Québec Research and Innovation Strategy;
- the 2016-2026 Québec Aerospace Strategy;
- the 2015-2025 Québec Aluminium Development Strategy;
- the Québec Digital Economy Action Plan (in French only);
- the 2030 Québec Plan for a Green Economy;
- the 2020-2025 Québec Plan for the Development of Critical and Strategic Minerals;
- the 2017-2027 Québec Life Sciences Strategy.
A specialized and highly skilled workforce
Québec offers a highly educated, skilled and experienced workforce:
- 86% of Quebecers hold a secondary or post-secondary degree;
- 29% of Quebecers hold a certificate, diploma, bachelor’s degree or graduate degree.
A multilingual population
Quebecers are fluent in more than one language:
- 43% of Quebecers (3.5 million people) speak French and English;
- Montréal, one of the largest French-speaking cities in the world, is home to an ethnically diverse population.
A candidate-rich market
Québec offers a high concentration of skilled workers thanks to the province’s extensive network of colleges, universities and research centres, specialized in key sectors.
Find out more about the advantages of investing in Québec.