Francophone and Multilateral Affairs Delegation > Home
The mandate of the Delagate for Francophone and Multilateral Affairs is as follows:
- Maintain and develop ties with diplomatic representatives of the member states of Organisation internationale de la Francophonie (OIF);
- Cultivate relations with OIF and the operating agencies of La Francophonie: Agence universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF), TV5, Senghor University in Alexandria, and Association internationale des maires francophones (AIMF);
- Ensure Québec is actively represented within the various OIF bodies: commissions, working groups, and the Standing Council of La Francophonie;
- Develop ties, in areas of interest to Québec, with key multilateral organizations such as the OECD;
- Promote and defend Québec’s interests in institutional and diplomatic circles, especially with regard to the French language, culture, cultural diversity, education, and climate change.