Job title offered
Senior commercial officer - Level 007, Salary scale 9
The Québec Government Office in Tokyo develops, maintains, and promotes economic, political, academic, and cultural relations with Japan.
Type of position
Working with the Economic Affairs Director’s team, the Commercial Officer plans, organizes, and implements various actions, activities and events to increase Québec’s exports to Japan.
He develops and stimulates Québec’s commercial relations with Japan. He promotes Québec various industries sectors together with a team of trade advisors at Invest Québec International based in Montreal. Together, they provide information, piece of advice and customized accompaniment to Québec companies in Japan.
- Plan, organize, implement and evaluate trade promotion strategies and activities to increase Québec's exports to Japan.
- Inform, advise and support Québec companies in Japan and follow up with their Japanese clients.
- Organize relevant meetings for Québec companies with Japanese clients.
- Host trade missions from Québec and organize commercial activities such as tradeshows, networking seminars, business receptions, and industrial visits in Japan.
- Plan and recruit Japanese buyers for trade missions in Québec.
- Exchange, collaborate and work closely with international trade officers at Invest Québec International, the Canadian Embassy in Tokyo and other public or private organizations.
- Establish a program of activities relevant to the sector and consistent with Invest Québec International’s objectives.
- Develop and maintain a network of Japanese contacts related your industrial sectors.
- Follow economic news in Japan and constantly provide export business opportunities to Québec companies.
- Draft reports and make recommendations to the Government of Québec.
- Learn and use the office’s customer relation management system.
- University degree in commerce, business, international marketing or economics.
- A degree in science or engineering with international business experience will also be considered.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in international trade, particularly in import-export to Japan.
- Having a network of high-level contacts in various industrial sectors.
- Ability to work with IT systems, software and social networks.
- Leadership, dynamism, customer orientation and results, sense of priorities, ability to adapt, reliability and professionalism, creativity, team spirit and sense of organization.
- Ability to collect information, write economic and business reports, draw relevant conclusions and recommend strategies.
- Ability to create and maintain business relationships while fully mastering the business culture in Japan.
- Ability to work in Japanese and French, while having a good knowledge of English. In the absence of French, readyness to learning French is mandatory.
- Perfect command of written and oral Japanese
- Ability to communicate French and in English
- Type of position: permanent
- 35 hours per week
- Many benefits
- Annual salary : Starting at 8 269 070 yens
The employee might sometimes work outside regular work schedule during special activities like receptions, networking event, trade missions, etc. The employee will sometimes have to travel in Japan or to Québec.
The candidate must meet the legal requirements for hiring a worker in Japan.
How to apply
Send your 2 CV with 2 covers letters: one in French or English, AND another in Japanese to Mrs Yuki Watanabe : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write in the email subject line: Senior Commercial Officer
105-6032, Tokyo-to, Minato-ku, Toranomon 4-3-1, Shiroyama Trust Tower 32nd floor